Several of Oregon’s leading organizations in sustainability are partnering to create the Center. They represent higher education, government, nonprofits and business:
- The Oregon State Board of Higher Education and Oregon University System (OUS), involving multiple OUS institutions and programs.
- City of Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
- Portland Development Commission
- Portland + Oregon Sustainability Institute
- Oregon Living Building Initiative (OLBI), a consortium of entities working in sustainability
- State of Oregon
- Oregon BEST (Oregon Built Environment and Sustainable Technologies Center)
- Portland Community College
With so many layers of knowledge and specialization contributing, one can’t help but feel that the Center’s vision is robust. These groups will also have the unique opportunity to live in a Living Building – an experience that can only deepen the understanding behind the vision.